Welcome to Sharon’s Glass. I began working with glass in 1978. I loved glass from the first day and still feel the same. In the beginning, I sold my work in sidewalk art shows and now sell my work from my studio on North Merritt Island and from Brooke Pottery, Lakeland, FL.
My glass studio is downstairs from my home. Creating glass that is special to me and my client is very rewarding; I enjoy creating glass art inspired by my Clients’ – sometimes from a vacation photo, or a happy memory. My love of nature will be the beginning of the design.
Glass is beautiful and functional.
I love glass and some of the reasons are….
- Finding the right color mixes and putting them together is my favorite! Like finding that special sheet of glass, knocks my socks off!
- Working with textured clear glass and bevels
- Painting on glass
- Fusing and slumping. One of my favorite works is a bathroom sink and counter, and a pedestal wash basin and mirror, both under lit on a dimmer. Photos are on my website
- Designing from nature, especially fish and corals, where there are great opportunities to use unusual glass to recreate the amazing colors and textures found in the ocean realm. Fun!
- Glass changes color with light (day to night, season to season) even the reflections make a new pattern of light and color, often abstract
My hobbies are glass, watercolors, fusing, making jewelry, photography, and biking with my husband, Peter and poodle, Beau.
Thank you for visiting my web site.
Commissions Accepted and Enjoyed.
Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed.